Monday, April 15, 2013

My Friend Henry

Actually has very little to do with Henry.  One of the good things about becoming friends with Henry (and Laurine) is that he comes strapped with a large circle of his interesting friends.  To know Henry is to know and like his friends.

By the second or third meeting, I'm down with Leah and Frank.  Leah is a metal sculptor.  She makes big things, she makes small things.  She makes beautiful things.  With her hands.  The moment I saw one of her jewelry pieces I knew what I wanted to do with it from a photography thing.
Just holding this in your hands feels so good.  The weight of it is really comforting and the chain mail always fills up any hollow of your hand.  Almost like what water does when being contained by a vessel.

Called up an old friend that I first met while photographing her for a now defunct large format design magazine...Necie.  She supplied the beautiful skin and curves for this.

Yesterday, Sunday, we started taking some photos of the piece on Necie.  Unfortunately as the world turns, I only had a couple hours to work with it.  Plans are already in the works for round two but as for right now the jewelry piece is in a show....so round two will have to wait.

Necie has had breast cancer and wanted not to try and hide the scar but to feature it if we could.

Not quite done processing what I shot yesterday but put the ones I have done in here

Leah's website


No comments:

Post a Comment