Saturday, June 2, 2018

Warm Cold Brewski

Apparently this beer is no longer available according to Mary.  Apparently though they still need photos done of it, I'm guessing, if they run another batch through the copper.

Fake Ice.  It comes in small dried granules and once you re hydrate it, it blossoms into this.
At this point it's too big for my purpose so I cut it up with the Xacto into tiny bits and place them onto the can of beer with the tweezers.
The can here is horizontal.  I could shoot it horizontal and you wouldn't be able to tell, but since I'm also shooting glasses of beer to add to the finished shot later, I may as well only do one set up and shoot it vertically.
Also at this point I add more ice and drops on the can knowing I can remove later.  Easier to remove than to add when it's on set.

A light spritz with an atomizer that's a combination of water and glycerin.  This first spritz is light since it's easier to add more later.
Then larger drops of glycerin are added with the tip of a bamboo skewer.
From the back of the set looking toward the camera.
The two mirrors do a nice job of adding gradation to the "chrome" letters.  Later on in PShop I'll accentuate, enhance and add more.

Here's a tight crop as it comes out of the big camera.  I'm not showing the whole can for you.  That it'll be up to seeing somewhere out in the wild.  Note the dark blog within the circle.  It's something on the sensor that I can not remove.  It's a damn burden I must carry and retouch it out of every single damn shot.  Most Every Frame.  There are a few instances where the it's hidden because of the subject matter that I'll let it go.





A couple bonus pics courtesy of the City Of Oakland.  The building inspector insists I paint something to pass final inspection.  I mix my own shade of gray.
Spirals...they're everywhere.







No comments:

Post a Comment