Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Off for a Haircut

I have a mini tradition going on.  It's not really much of a tradition or really that special either but I like to get a haircut in foreign countries.  This started on a trip to Ecuador back in 2009 and while staying in the little fishing village of Puerto Lopez I decided to go to the open market and pick a barber from the many available there.
I chose Peluqueria Junior.  Three bucks included the works.


Last year in Portugal I had the hair cut in a beautiful old shop in Porto.  The old red barber chairs had been made down the coast in Lisboa.  I think it was 9 euro.  Turned out to be a bit shorter than I anticipated but I was having difficulty with the Portuguese language.

Later this week I'm off to Ireland.  On purpose I haven't had a haircut in probably 9 months so I can have the full experience of going from shaggy to short.  I'm looking for a country barber somewhere, no city barber this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment