Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Desayuno in Greenfield

I figured I needed a good breakfast for what I was about to do so I headed into the older section of Greenfield, California looking for a good spot.  My normal place for lunch was closed but "Martinez Tortilleria y Panaderia" on El Camino Real was open and they have a little eating spot attached to it as well.
Maybe 8 tables, I was the only one there.

A woman comes over with her pad and says something in Spanish.
I look/stare at her trying to translate.
She smiles and says "Poquito Espanol?"
"Si, poquito"
And I proceed to order some huevos con chorizo y agua no hielo por favor.  Maiz tortillas.

Pretty soon it arrives and she starts giving me the corn tortillas.  Fresh made.  She's making them for me a few feet away.  A bottomless plate of them it seems for as soon as I finish with the few she trots over some more.  Big smile on her face.

Eventually I say "No mas."

I'm down early in the morning in the farming town of Greenfield picking up some timber that's been ripped out of a building that a winery purchased.  Jeff, the top guy at the winery, called me up wondering if I wanted to repurpose the timbers into a 16' outdoor table for their tasting room grounds.

They were long, they were heavy.

Agapito, the vineyard manager, sees me from far off and comes over to say hi.  I start to tie the lumber down and he takes over.  Says "I just love tying down loads."


Will post up pics as the table comes together.





No comments:

Post a Comment