Friday, May 30, 2014

Home

It's in it's final spot…finally.

Kevin helped with the carrying, the top itself was a brute,  We got it about 20 feet from the truck and enlisted two more men when we needed to drop it in place.





The base went together smoothly.  I had fitted the two boards for the seating in the workshop and they went on easily.  The top I never dry fitted it but only eyeballed it and had determined that it would go come the time we dropped it over the tenons.





And drop it did…with a little friendly persuasion.


Pounded in the wedges in the tenons to force them outward and we're calling this one done.  Later on in the summer, I'll come back and put on some more finish after the sun does it thing and even out the tones.

Jeff, the head guy at the winery had come out to take a look at the table.  They were pretty much in the dark about what I was going to bring to them.  I had shown some sketches I had done earlier but those sketches I had drawn before I actually had the wood in the workshop.  Once the wood was in the shop I changed the direction of the design.  Before steel held the table together, now…traditonal joints held it together. 
Jeff left, a few minutes later he came back with a case of wine on his shoulder for me to take home.  Gotta love the wine industry.

A half hour later, Cindy, a VP of sales and marketing, shows up with a six of beer.  Again gotta love that.








No comments:

Post a Comment