Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Top together

Ed, the picture framer has his shop near me.  Ed is no ordinary picture framer but deals only with the finest of modern art and only with the richest of the richest clients.   On any given day he'll have millions of dollars of art in his uber fortified and alarmed shop.

He knows miters like no one else so when he vehemently advised me against using them on the top of an outdoor table I heeded his advice.

The boards are cupped like crazy and it would have been a herculean task getting them to fit right anyway so I ended up running them like you see here.  They are reinforced from below.  The mortices are cut and just starting to rough sand.  I'm going to leave the surface as it comes off the coarser grit of the belt sander.


Oh, and to those that have questioned me, I don't teach and I'm not taking interns in either wood or photography.  But thanks for asking.

No comments:

Post a Comment