Saturday, April 18, 2015

ULS

Yesterday morning, the quiet wake up to the day time for me, I'm sitting.  Accessing the Universal Love Shack time.

I have a new wine client...the best type of client.  They give me bottles of their wine and say "Do whatever you want with these."  I love these jobs.  They may not like some of the shots.  That's ok.
It's like the shot below, I don't think they'll buy off on looking up from below at their bottle but in my mind doing this will lead me to do something else.  It's a process.  It's playtime for me.
Or maybe they will.

And I'm shooting this stuff at the same time I'm working the wood in the post below this.
I love it.  While the glue dries, I turn back to the meticulous and small movements of studio still life.
And then back to running 12' pieces of 12/4 walnut through the jointer.

But like so often, self doubts bore themselves into the head.  So I'm accessing the Universal Love Shack about this.  Saying listen, even though I've been doing this for 30 years, this is one job I'm going to fail, the time I'm exposed to be the poseur...finally.  The ULS remains silent, just listening to my insecurities.  Pretty soon I've righted the listing ship though and say,  It will all be alright, just start on it and it will come.








No comments:

Post a Comment