Wednesday, July 1, 2015

I travel to Prague for a haircut.

Last haircut.  Istanbul, December 2014
Monday morning 7AM, I'm out of coffee to make so I head up to the coffee shop on the corner to get a cup.  Open my front door and there's a van with it's sliding door open right in front of my garage.  Woman inside is painting a painting.
I say "I'm heading to the coffee shop.  Want anything?"
She instantly says "Sure, a croissant and black tea please."

By the time I get back she's working on applying something to a handmade mask.  I give her food to her and she asks if she needs to move the van.
"It won't start unless it's on a level surface, that's why I parked it here."
I tell her she's cool where she's at.

As always I open my garage door to let in the California sun and air into my place, pick up a shoulder of leather I don't need anymore and walk out to the van.
"You look like a person that would like this" and hand her the rolled up leather.
I go back in and start to pack for my move out of the Dogpatch.

She wanders in and says "You've been so generous, can I cut your hair.  You need a haircut."
She brings in her scissors and sharpens them on the top of an empty wine bottle.  Never seen that before.

She lost her home about a year ago.  There was an issue with a man she tells me.

I tell her how I like to let my hair grow real long before traveling so I can get a local barber cut it in whatever country I'm in.

She's from Prague so I figure that's good enough.

She's a snake from the Chinese astrological system and shows me a tattoo that covers her chest and wraps around the back and comes back around the top of the shoulders.   A Phoenix, not a snake.

Later on Annie re-cuts the top.

Before


After


No comments:

Post a Comment