Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Polishing Out the Parties



The Liquor Cabinet was put into service soon after the martini legs were attached.  Daily service, party service.  Epic epic party service (Big Love out to Henry).  One party went on for 27 hours.  That's a lot of drink making and drink serving and drinks sitting on the copper of the cabinet.

Each party etched a bit of itself on the copper.  Like a guest book almost.  Maybe a history book.

So I thought I needed to freshen everything up for the show up in Napa.  A random orbit with automotive polishes glistened up the copper real nice like.  Some of the memories of the parties though are deeper than I thought would be possible to get out so I left those.

The deepest etch of all was the last party of 2014.  Indelible.  Forever-ible

Legs drying from a new coat of finish 

Last night at the Utah we're talking about mushrooms, the desert kind, the trippy kind.  A rough looking stranger sitting next to Cary broke into the conversation.  "The best mushrooms in the world come from Iceland.  I know, I used to sell them."  We entered into a long conversation of how he went hunting for them at night with his car, the beams of headlights would make the mushrooms "glow", with the heater going full blast he would start to dry them on the dashboard as he went through the night and by the end they were ready to be sold.
Legal to be sold until they were dried apparently.
I asked him what they were called.  He pronounced an unpronounceable word and said "Loosely translated it means...To wander aimless in your yard."

And that my friends, is the beauty of going to bars.

I get off at West Oakland Bart after the Utah and bike back home.  Decide to stop in at a nearby Liquor/convenience store for an It's It.  Outside of bay area people, an It's It is a local ice cream sandwich thingie.  
Dude hanging out in front of the store asked me for a dollar when I came back out.

"A dollar?  Last time I was here, it was fifty cents."
"It's the ghetto, man.  It's the ghetto.  It's the ghetto."

I was still laughing as I went inside.  The guy behind the bullet proof glass counter asked me what I was laughing about.  I think he thought that I was laughing at him.
Don't know why.

I gave the guy outside the door some money.  He said, "I'm just trying to get enough for a beer."

Assembling the cabinet for the show.

I don't even need to tie this all together for y'all.  Do I?

No comments:

Post a Comment