Friday, June 24, 2016

Tattoo This

On the back of your dominant hand....."Measure twice, cut once"

In addition to all those things they teach you in kindergarten, you know, "play nice, look both ways, naps in the afternoon are a good thing", they should also teach "measure twice, cut once."

Came real close to a major fuck up on the walnut island top. But I ran through all my numbers again, double...no.. triple checked the template sink cutout and found an error in my ways.  Nearly committed a sin.

Ok, I admit I burned an inch in my original calculations but as I discovered today, the template that was supplied with the sink also contained an error.  The full sized drawing did not match the written measurements on the sheet.

Like Chick Hearn liked to say, "No harm, no foul."  Caught it in time.


Measuring things just like my kindergarten teacher should have taught me.

No comments:

Post a Comment