Wednesday, March 8, 2017

You are Here.

Had a gate made for the big roll up.  In a dual flash of inspiration of walking the streets around here that are nothing but big and little triangles, the idea of putting the map of 3003 on the building came to be.  The red dot is of course Here.

The red dot on the gate is the biggest strongest rare earth magnet I could find.  It came silver, I painted it red.

In the move from San Francisco to Oakland I took sand from San Francisco's Ocean Beach.  The sand there is loaded with iron ore.  If you run a magnet through the sand the iron jumps onto the magnet.

So both as homage to where I moved from and to those who love the ocean I slowly poured some of the Ocean Beach sand in proximity of the red dot and allowed the iron to jump on it.

You are Here.


No comments:

Post a Comment