Monday, September 4, 2017

Five Year Tradition

Five years ago, Taylor and I started a new tradition.

We were born on days that are real close together on the calendar and decided we should have our portraits taken during our birthday week.  Every five years so it coincides with the "big" numbers.
Five years ago I turned 60, she 25.  This time she turned 30 and me 65.

So five years ago we met in the Mission at Clooney's Pub and had more than a few then walked down to Michael Shindler's studio to have a tintype done.  One each.

Last week we met at The Broken Record in what I would call The Outer Mission, others may disagree with me on that geographical nomenclature.  Very nice whisky program there by the way and then down to Kari Orvik's studio.  Sitting right on top of the human condition known as the corner of Mission and Geneva, with whirling fans and a sunset, we sat again.

Just love how real and immediate tintypes are.  The plate you shoot with is the plate you take home.
And there's no hiding what you look like.  Kari did a beautiful job making sure who you see is who we are.

This five year's are still in the black paper, I need to make a couple frames like I did last time.

We talked about how to carry on the tradition after I'm gone....I may have three, maybe four, more sittings in me.
We have a plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment