Sunday, November 8, 2020

The Short Version


We were going somewhere on our bikes in Berkeley.  We were talking about art in relationship to quality of the craft.

Annie said, "If you ain't got a metaphor, you ain't got shit."

That stuck pretty good to me.


There's some time involved in this one.  Lots have happened between start and stop.

One thing I think I can see is a loss of skill.  Over the seven years this took is the erosion of hand and eye working together.  Attention and patience have increased but the increase is in relationship to loss of physical skill.

Maybe I can make a case that a slight gap in a joint is a sign that I'm seeing the flaw as actually leading more toward perfection as opposed to moving away.  Maybe the loss of skill is that the hands and eyes are seeing the arc of life a bit better.  

And acceptance.

That's a good way to look at it.  


This is a jewel.  That holds jewels.  I made all the angles as sharp as I could, facets that shone.  To hold jewels.

Three photos here, that's all you get, I did a longer write on it here for those with longer attention spans.  It's a photo essay so to speak with lots more to look at.






No comments:

Post a Comment