Friday, January 15, 2021

Since

 These were going to become orphan photos so I'll just do a tiny update.

Since I bought a couple boards too few last time, I journeyed up to the sawmill yesterday to pick through the pile some more.


That's my pile in the middle and short boards standing up are the go pile, the no pile is on the right, difficult for you to see.

The man in the dark clothing on the left circles me a couple times and says,

"That's the Japanese Pagoda Wood, right?"

I nod.

"I was the one that cut that, what, must have been twenty years ago."

 I say, "It says ten years ago."

 "I guess that sounds about right.  I remember I didn't even know it was an Elm until I was halfway through."


And this 16" three toed The Porter jointer appeared.  I've never seen that before here.


The grain and the scallops of his bandsaw blade.



No comments:

Post a Comment