Friday, January 7, 2022

"God I love eggnog"

 This morning,

drinking a coffee from the Huehuetanago area of Guatemala,

talking about the color and character of the early AM light,

I said, 'what the fuck, the table just moved'.

 

I picked up my messaging rectangle,

'This is Gail, Ben's wife,

Ben passed away early this morning.

He was so looking forward to your visit."

 

I was going up to see an old friend from Missoula, Montana days,

January 27th arriving at 5:04 at the Whitefish airport.

He lives just outside the western gate to Glacier National Park.

I was going to pitch a tent in his backyard and sleep outside,

He was hoping for deep snow and cold temperatures he said.


I looked at the last time we spoke.

Two days ago.

My last sentence to him, 'I've learned the value of crying everyday."

His was, "God I love Eggnog especially with Rye Whiskey."



No comments:

Post a Comment