Tuesday, March 14, 2023

Chagall, Matisse and Sycamore

 I thought the polished copper pulls made the piece look mid to early late Danish Modern.  They needed to be funked up a bit to bring it back to Early Century Modern West Coast Warehouse.

I temporarily attached one of the newly polished pulls to see if I liked it like that.


So to knock it off it's horse a bit, I took a propane torch to heat them up real good then dipped into boiled linseed oil.  Torched them again until the oil started to dry and turn color.


I think the darkness helps to bring the pulls into balance with the Sycamore.



Coat of wax applied to the drawers the night before delivery.


One final look before wheeling it out of the studio.  Keen eye will notice one missing pull.  It was proving to be a malcontent that needed some attention.


And it's now in it's resting place.




I'd take and show some more photos but I won't be around the computer for the next month.


No comments:

Post a Comment