Monday, October 23, 2017

Stardust Journal

Lying immersed atop latticed thorns,
under the immensely clear Milky....Wayness.

Shooting stars streak to their final flare,
sprinkling down their dust on me.

Feel the stardust enter my lungs, enter my bloodstream.
Becomes my skin and teeth, liquefies into marrow.

See it glitter on the crow's feathers, see it sparkle on the rocks.
Hardens the tips of thorns, softens the coyote fur, lines the nests of the birds.

Gravity and wind pull and push it into the tiniest of spaces between the spaces.
Covers fingerprints, coats DNA, paints everything in shades of everything.

Constantly, always.  All the time.  From all the way from here to all the way to there.
One life, nothing is separate.
One long thread spun from eons of stardust.

and then I sleep.


No comments:

Post a Comment