Sunday, July 8, 2018

Signed Off Then Demo-ed

Had been waiting until all the initials had been initialed, the signatures had been signed and the stamps stamped on the permit process so I could tear down what I had put up.

Want to build some big doors for this opening, close to eleven feet high ten feet wide, so I can throw the doors open and wheel anything and everything out of the studio if needed. Easily. There won't be a threshold that I need to grunt stuff over, just a nice level and smooth roll out.  I need the height for a softbox that's real tall.

I couldn't build the doors in time and still pass inspection date so I threw up something temporary, stuccoed and painted it.  Just enough so it looked good.  Expecting some out of town guests so that's why the space is looking like it does at the moment.


Ken's table update.  That's been gone for sometime now, and the finish is being applied so I'll see what I can do about getting a good representative photo of it in his studio soon.  In the meantime.....

There was an 18" taper underneath that I thought I would hand plane.  It'll be awhile before I do that again.  Next time, some router sled will be made to take off the majority of stock.

Used this chamfer plane to break the edges.  It makes this small precise cut that really finishes something off.  Amazing how something so small makes such a big impact.
Although it appears to be two toned, it's not.  It's just how the light is coming off the five surfaces.


No comments:

Post a Comment