Wednesday, August 22, 2018

Portals and an Arch

I've done this before.  I can't talk about it though.

One of those dream jobs came along awhile ago from Tony.

"Explore the word 'E______d'.  It's for a new wine, do whatever you want with the word."
"Just do what you do."

You gotta love that.  Complete free rein without having all those learned "no's.... you shouldn't do that" pouncing on every idea you come up with.  Working for the man, commercially, pounds the concepts of capitalism deep deep in the brain.  I find it real hard to shoot, still, without those do's and dont's being attached to everything.  You feel like you have to run things by the do's and dont's first to see if they "sell."

To be free of those self imposed bungie cords is a blessing.  The inside outside project coming up could be another of those Alleluia!  I am Free! events.

So I've done what I've done today before, I just can't talk about it yet.  I think the wine project is dead but until it's for sure buried and with a headstone then the NDA is still in place.

But before getting to that.
The doors are up.....up enough so I can do other things.  I'll finish everything (door stops, locks, handles, anchoring it permanently, caulking, inside glass trim, additional varnish on the outside, finish on the inside) after the big events coming up in Sept.
An interlude.  It's possible by kicking the plane iron one way or the other, you can create tapered shavings.  One edge is thicker than the other.  You can shape edges like this.
Inside looking to the garden.
Life grown here.

The beginning of today was months ago.  Started the arch I'm making for Taylor and Nick.

Blessing the spiraled sheaves with some Palo Santo smoke in the middle.
I've wired canes together before for the word "E_____d" so I'm somewhat conversant in this medium.  It is a bit like working in a velcro factory, everything sticks to each other.   Used rebar wire and the techniques of tying steel together from the Canadian carpentry years.

 Beginning the exploration.
Think I'll stick with a four point pyramid.  I'll build it thicker, more wild, more controlled.  Wired under tension so it looks relaxed.



Next day (today) edit.
This is how far it will go until the weaving together on the day of, above and overlooking the bay.  I'm thinking me and my architect brother can finish it up, adding where something needs adding, taking away what should be gone.
It's wild, just like a marriage should be.
Unconstructed like life is.


No comments:

Post a Comment