Saturday, February 16, 2019

Power of Ten

It's gotta be in the power of ten somehow.  Like that Eames video, The Power Ten, the scale difference between finishing up something the day before to today is vast.

From working with veneers that were shopmade to .040" to these two slabs requires different handling strategies for sure.
From using tweezers to carabiners and a come-along.  From not breathing so I don't breathe something out of place to gasping for breath.

A small jewelry box.


These two slabs were hella heavy to stand up.  They're 2.5" thick.  First one I muscled up with a clean and jerk and came close to dying from it falling on me.  The second one I pulled up with a come-along.  They'll stand there for a month until I get to them.
Going to be close to 8' of hand cut dovetails in the project.

No comments:

Post a Comment