Friday, November 10, 2017

Archetype Leaf Inlays

I thought I would put some Iron Bark Leaves inlayed into the Iron Bark Kimono.  Have them scattered along the bottom half of the piece, situated around the slow curve that flows from side to front to side.

I don't have a clue as which of the Iron Bark species I have so I combined some of the different leaf shapes into one that is longer and slenderish.  Pointy tips with a bit of curve one way or the other.

Glued up some appropriate end grain from the left overs and hand penciled in shapes.



Arranging on the two lower drawer fronts to determine placement.
I'll real lightly glue them in position so there will be no shifting as I exacto out the shape.  The sharp tips need to steadied somehow to stop any lateral movement when the knife is against them.
Next up...cutting the recesses.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for sharing your info. I truly appreciate your efforts and I
    will be waiting for your next post thank you once again.

    ReplyDelete