Tuesday, June 7, 2022

Let's see what I can make with this. ll



 Been awhile since I've worked in my shop.  Been working with my brother in his shop, in a small town in Virginia, on a project of his.  That was special.

Catching flies with open mouths.

Photo by Will Kirchner

But here's what's happened so far.  Needed to make some things to help me make other things.



Unusual look for me.  Usually the insides are clean when I open them up to change a blade.


The way the blade was going through the Doug Fir created thread rather than dust.

Made a vertical magnetic clamp with controlled release of pull off.



Last time I clamped with magnets I had a difficult time removing the clamp without breaking the veneer.

With the wingnuts I can back off the pressure in a controlled manner.

Cut wood


 

Flat gluing is easier.


Hard to fathom how to make something without needing tools from the photography side.



The structure used to suspend is cut to fit angle and diameter.  This way is much easier than tilting the table.

There are four pieces here.  They've been glued into two separate arcs.


There was a whole bunch of on the fly thinking on how to glue without breaking it.  I almost had to invert the glue up back onto itself.  I used the paper at top to work out the sequence.



Damn suggestive, ain't it?


Is not black and white not the best?

Again.  Photography/Woodworking.






Phase 3 of section 1.   So far.  Need to switch to cylindrical forms now.  And that's where the round form at the top comes into it.




 









No comments:

Post a Comment