Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Observe and Report.

Lee had a short but illustrious career in the homeland security field of security guard.  When I asked him his duties, it was "Observe and Report."
"Don't get involved, only Observe and Report."

A couple days ago I'm out shooting some of the adios dogpatch photos.  A guard from a building I'm looking at approaches.
"You a spy?"
"Sure."
He smiles.  Seems he's just bored and wants to talk to the somebody.  I asked him if he was Observing me and then Reporting me.  "No, they don't pay me enough to even Observe, I turn my head (and he demonstrates how fast he would) if I see something."  Again he smiles.

Early this morning, I'm out doing more in the neighborhood shooting.  I'm next to the bay in the big post industrial building area.  A security guard in a car drives up to me.  Hey, you can't be here.  This is private land.  I look down and I'm standing on a SF City painted sign on the path that says "Public Bay Access"..or something similar to that.  I point this out to the guard.  She's not having anything to do with it.  Nope, I'm on private land.  Again I point down and say read this.  Nope.  I'm thinking right now she's Observing and pretty soon she'll be Reporting.
All I can do is shrug and move on.

Sure is a lot fear going on…..

From this morning.



No comments:

Post a Comment